Friday, January 8, 2010

White, Fluffy Precip

It's been snowing for the past couple of days. It's funny how people around here (and other places I've lived that don't normally experience snow) freak out at the mention of snow. Businesses close. Schools close. They just don't know how to handle it. On my drive home, about 2 hours after it had started snowing, I drove past someone who had slid into a ditch. It's just funny to me, that's all.

On my drive home I came around this turn that I had driven around numerous times before, but for some reason the snow on the ground made it just unfamiliar enough to make me look at how interesting it is. So I swung around to take a picture. I ended up spending about half an hour taking a few long exposures and while I was out there I was approached by a teenage boy that was looking for his friends. I told him that I had seen a couple of people up the street and he went off to investigate. He walked up the road that I was shooting, leaving footprints on the side of the road with snow on it. I continued to shoot, incorporating the visual element that he gifted me, and after several minutes he came back down without anyone.
"Didn't find them?" I asked.
"No."
"That's a bummer," I replied.
"You a photograph-er or somethin?"
"Yup."

No comments:

Post a Comment